As part of their thesis project, all third year students will again design free websites to organizations that are related to the deaf and disabled persons.
A total of eight groups were formed out of 26 graduating desf students. There are three members for each group. Something new this year is the adding of e-commerce sites to showcase the deaf products for sale to other countries.
Here is the tentative list of institutions and the deaf lead web designers:
- Liliane Foundation Philippines – Kerwin Tamanu, Leader
- National Federation of Cooperatives of Persons with Disabiliy – Anthony Francis Paez, Leader
- House with No Steps Foundation – Aoi Bacsa, Leader
- Capitol City Baptist Church Deaf Ministry – Edmond Guzman, Leader
- Philippine Christian Fellowship for the Disabled Center – Christopher Calderon, Leader
- Wheelchair for Disabled Foundation Philippines – Pia Joy Matias, Leader
- Peter Ding Basa’s Pinoy Smile Products (E-commerce Site) – Ma. Ivy Ranola, Leader
- Rolando Landicho’s Woodcraft (E-commerce Site) – Grace Anne Pico, Leader
Websites must be finished before April 1 in time for their graduation program. Winning website will receive a special cash prize on their commencement exercises which will be tentatively held in May 21, 2008.