About this course
Online Sign Language Tutorial is an entirely new approach to learning a new language. In this method, you will be taught IN REAL TIME!!! We will be making use of the latest technology through a live video call. What's more exciting about this is that you will be taught by the same people who own and naturally use the language, the Filipino DEAF!!!
Welcome to ADVANCED SIGN LANGUAGE ONLINE TUTORIAL!!!
You have learned how to start a conversation. Now, let's try to level up a bit and share more information about ourselves through sign language. As a continuation of the Conversational Sign Language Online Tutorial, this course is where you will learn more words and their equivalent signs.
In this course, you will learn the signs of the family and its members. You will also learn about the signs of what we do like eat, cook, laugh, cry and wait. We have already learned how we sign, "I LOVE YOU" and "NICE TO MEET YOU". In this course, we will add more ways to express our feelings like, ''I'M HAPPY TO BE WITH YOU!", "YOU ARE VERY BEAUTIFUL!" or even the opposite "I HATE YOU"!
We will also make our conversations with the deaf longer and more exciting by telling stories and sharing our day-to-day experiences with them through sign language! Now, that would be fun!
Lastly, a deaf person may not hear music. But through sign language, you may share with your Deaf Tutor your joys and excitement in learning a song that may both touch our hearts. Now that would be truly fun!
What else do I need to know before I enroll?
Here are your basic requirements:
- Laptop, Personal Computer or a Smartphone with a strong and stable internet connection - We can conduct the online training using either your Windows or Android phone. A strong and stable internet connection is necessary so that there is smooth live video communication without lag.
- Selection of the Following Video Conferencing Online Tools:
- TALKY VIDEO CHAT - This is our most preferred tool in our online live tutorial. No need to install any software or app on your PC or mobile phone. No signup or plugins are required. You only need an internet browser (Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox) to access by going to the https://talky.io website and either create or join a chatroom. This is also a good choice especially for those who don't want to reveal their personal information unlike using Facebook. There is also no need to register to create an account. Click on this link for instructions on using Talky.
- GOOGLE MEET - This is another alternative that we will use. However, you need to have an existing GMAIL account bundled with Google Calendar to use this. Click on this link for instructions on using Google Meet.
- Deaf Sensitivity Training Enrollment - Before you enroll in this course, we strongly advise that you enroll in our short Deaf Sensitivity Training Course as a prerequisite. In this course, you will understand and appreciate who they are and how they behave. If you love language, you should also love people. Did we also tell you that the course is FREE? Check out this course here.
- Conversational Sign Language Course Enrollment - Since this is already an advanced course, we strongly require you to take up our Conversational Sign Language Online Tutorial Course first.
Now, what are you waiting for? Click on the ADD TO CART button above, pay the Course Fee and you are off to another exciting way of expressing yourself, through the wonderful world of sign language. Cheers!
- Review of Words and Polite Expressions Learned
- Family, Relationships and Other Persons
- Common Objects, Food and Other Things
- Common Places and Other Locations
- Common Adjectives and Other Descriptive Words
- Dates, Times and Other Related Words
- Course Completion