Five outstanding deaf graduates from were honored during the 20th Anniversary celebration of Manila Christian Computer Institute for the Deaf held at La Isla Buffet Restaurant last April 9, 2014.
With the theme “MCCID, 20 Years of Wonderful Blessings…”, MCCID Board of Trustees highlighted the exemplary accomplishments of the alumni in the years after they completed their courses. Among those present were the school administrators as well as faculty of MCCID College Tiaong Campus. Each awardee received a special plaque of appreciation and a limited edition especially designed wall clock with sign language.
The awardees are as follows:
1. Mr. Aldrin D. Gabriel of Batch 2005 “Most Outstanding Alumnus in Arts and Sports” – Aldrin is honored in recognition of his special talents as an artist in the sign language drama “Mi Ultimo Adios” of Dr. Jose Rizal as well as in establishing and electing as first president of the Philippine Deaf Basketball League.
2. Mr. Wilfredo N. Corpuz II of Batch 2005 “Most Outstanding Alumnus in Service to the Deaf” – Wilfredo is honored for doing remarkable work as founder and first president of Tarlac Province Association of the Deaf for more than ten years which led to its recognition as one of the first group that is registered under the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
3. Mr. Carlito D. Pasaporte Jr. of Batch 2006 “Most Outstanding Alumnus in Local Government Service” – Carlito is honored for diligently working at the Social Services Development Department of Quezon City for more than ten years.
4. Mr. Emil Zion V. Punzalan of Batch 2003 “Most Outstanding Alumnus in Entrepreneurship” – Emil Zion is honored for establishing his own Zion Punzalan Photography & Graphic Design business as well as earning numerous awards and successes in his skills as a professional photographer.
5. Mr. Nonito Visagar Jr. of Batch 2008 “Most Outstanding Alumnus in National Government Service” – Nonito is honored for working more than five years at the Philippines’ Department of Foreign Affairs and recipient of DFA’s “Outstanding Employee Award ” in 2011 and 2012.
MCCID President Remberto Esposa congratulated the honorees and encouraged the current students to emulate their successes. Sir Esposa together with School Registrar Remedios Esposa handed over the awards to the recipients.
Photo Carousel of Highlights